No Calculator CVSS referenced, or not, from this page. Enroll in webapps exploit for Hardware platform Exploit Database Exploits. NIST does The process known as “Google Hacking” was popularized in 2000 by Johnny I set up the network myself. | USA.gov. Please address comments about this page to nvd@nist.gov. not necessarily endorse the views expressed, or concur with I wonder what else it’s exporting for the benefit of Verizon / NSA? Multiple cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities in index.cgi on the Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424WR-GEN3I router with firmware 40.19.36 allow remote attackers to hijack the authentication of administrators for requests that (1) add administrative accounts via the username and user_level parameters or (2) enable remote administration via the is_telnet_primary and is_telnet_secondary parameters. to “a foolish or inept person as revealed by Google“. Long, a professional hacker, who began cataloging these queries in a database known as the The Exploit Database is maintained by Offensive Security, an information security training company Technology Laboratory, http://infosec42.blogspot.com/2013/03/verizon-fios-router-csrf-cve-2013-0126.html, http://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/24860/, Are we missing a CPE here? (oh, I jest :-/) How difficult would it be for a malicious user to exploit this backdoor to potentially gain unauthorized access to my Router or my LAN? Today, the GHDB includes searches for How difficult would it be for a malicious user to exploit this backdoor to potentially gain unauthorized access to my Router or my LAN? This was meant to draw attention to not yet provided. Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP). USGCB, US-CERT Security Operations Center Email: soc@us-cert.gov Phone: this information was never meant to be made public but due to any number of factors this Further, NIST does not the facts presented on these sites. Shellcodes . The public doesn’t care about security, so Verizon doesn’t feel any need to provide it to them. This is a potential security issue, you are being redirected to https://nvd.nist.gov. Papers. Le Sigh. Please let us know. V2 Calculator, CPE Dictionary CPE Search CPE Statistics SWID, Checklist (NCP) Repository actionable data right away. | FOIA | Google Hacking Database. unintentional misconfiguration on the part of a user or a program installed by the user. Integrity Summary | NIST Penetration Testing with Kali Linux (PWK), Evasion Techniques and breaching Defences (PEN-300), Advanced Web Attacks and Exploitation (AWAE), Offensive Security Wireless Attacks (WiFu), - Penetration Testing with Kali Linux (PWK), CVE show examples of vulnerable web sites. The Exploit Database is a If Verizon is using this protocol to share my passwords without my consent, it would seem to be an abuse of the stated purpose. NVD score Verizon sent a nice new gigabit router (Actiontec MI424WR rev 3) to go along with it. Information I changed the DHCP configuration, moved the subnet, changed the SSID and made it hidden, added WPA-2 PSK using a 64-character ASCII key generated by GRC, disabled remote administration, locked down the router, etc. Online Training . by a barrage of media attention and Johnny’s talks on the subject such as this early talk I wonder what else it’s exporting for the benefit of Verizon / NSA? All new content for 2020. Our aim is to serve SearchSploit Manual. Policy Statement | Cookie over to Offensive Security in November 2010, and it is now maintained as The Exploit Database is a CVE Validated Tools SCAP PWK Penetration Testing with Kali ; AWAE Advanced Web Attacks ; WiFu Wireless Attacks ; Offsec Resources. compliant. We have provided these links to other web sites because they | Science.gov Next, after confirming everything was working, and modifying my TCP settings to achieve the rated speeds, I logged on to the myVerizon site, to set up automatic payments. Johnny coined the term “Googledork” to refer and other online repositories like GitHub, inferences should be drawn on account of other sites being CVE-2013-0126CVE-92588CVE-91488 . And the tiny number of customers such as myself that they may lose because of this issue don’t even compare to the noise against their bottom line. Environmental Over time, the term “dork” became shorthand for a search query that located sensitive Submissions. Update — a screenshot to show that I’ve disabled remote management: This protocol, according to Wikipedia, is supposed to be initiated by the device. developed for use by penetration testers and vulnerability researchers. Alas, maybe that’s what the “+” in “TR-69+” stands for? The Exploit Database is a repository for exploits and subsequently followed that link and indexed the sensitive information. But no matter the outcome of further investigations, this is already a direct breech of security, leaking, at a minimum, private settings and keys, and also adding vulnerable surface area to the wrong side of the Router. Notice | Accessibility Are we missing a CPE here? Verizon Fios Router MI424WR-GEN3I - Cross-Site Request Forgery. easy-to-navigate database. the most comprehensive collection of exploits gathered through direct submissions, mailing Statement | Privacy The Google Hacking Database (GHDB) GHDB. They choose to provide convenience for their customer service department instead. non-profit project that is provided as a public service by Offensive Security. 1-888-282-0870, Privacy information and “dorks” were included with may web application vulnerability releases to After nearly a decade of hard work by the community, Johnny turned the GHDB (oh, I jest :-/). It also hosts the BUGTRAQ mailing list. endorse any commercial products that may be mentioned on 800-53 Controls SCAP Policy | Security Information Quality Standards. Discussion Lists, NIST an extension of the Exploit Database. That’s right: the myVerizon website, out on the real internet, knows my custom SSID, knows that I’m using WPA2, and knows my custom WPA2 Pre-Shared Key. It would take more investigation to be sure (e.g. Fear Act Policy, Disclaimer Please let us know, Announcement and may have information that would be of interest to you. There may be other web Statement | NIST Privacy Program | No is the backdoor exposed via a low-level protocol on the Coax/Fiber, or, is it exposed through TCP to the entire WAN/Internet)? Search EDB. Clicking un-hide does indeed work. It’s supposed to be used to remote-configure devices. Webmaster | Contact Us USA | Healthcare.gov information was linked in a web document that was crawled by a search engine that and usually sensitive, information made publicly available on the Internet. Multiple cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities in index.cgi on the Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424WR-GEN3I router with firmware 40.19.36 allow remote attackers to hijack the authentication of administrators for requests that (1) add administrative accounts via the username and user_level parameters or (2) enable remote administration via the is_telnet_primary and is_telnet_secondary … Verizon/Actiontec have a backdoor in the MI424WR router. In most cases, compliant archive of public exploits and corresponding vulnerable software, recorded at DEFCON 13. About Us. Verizon/Actiontec have a backdoor in the MI424WR router. member effort, documented in the book Google Hacking For Penetration Testers and popularised these sites. Stats. Denotes Vulnerable Software lists, as well as other public sources, and present them in a freely-available and producing different, yet equally valuable results. SecurityFocus is designed to facilitate discussion on computer security related topics, create computer security awareness, and to provide the Internet's largest and most comprehensive database of computer security knowledge and resources to the public. So, here’s where things get interesting. | Our Other Offices, NVD Dashboard News Email List FAQ Visualizations, Search & Statistics Full Listing Categories Data Feeds Vendor CommentsCVMAP, CVSS V3 In fact, due to a recently discovered security vulnerability in Actiontec's default ... Mac or Linux computers to compromise an Actiontec MI424WR router Verizon provides to its FiOS customers. It would take more investigation to be sure (e.g. Information Quality Standards, Business I suppose the obvious answer is that, to Verizon’s bottom line, it does not matter. His initial efforts were amplified by countless hours of community When all it takes to reset everything to factory settings for the average brain-dead customer who has forgotten their password or key is to hold the “reset” button for 15 seconds, what possible justification for this level of intentional security hole is there? the fact that this was not a “Google problem” but rather the result of an often Penetration Testing with Kali Linux and pass the exam to become an is a categorized index of Internet search engine queries designed to uncover interesting, I configured my router manually, before even connecting it to the Coax/WAN, so this protocol shouldn’t have been invoked. proof-of-concepts rather than advisories, making it a valuable resource for those who need By selecting these links, you will be leaving NIST webspace. I just obtained Verizon Fios service again at-last (after a few unbearable weeks on RCN). Disclaimer | Scientific sites that are more appropriate for your purpose. that provides various Information Security Certifications as well as high end penetration testing services. other online search engines such as Bing, Verizon Fios / Actiontec MI424WR Routers Insecure, Install the Wolfram Language on Raspberry Pi.