I think you have a good feel, and they have a good feel for the game, so you know they're not going to be a deer in headlights when it comes to college basketball. You know, at Kentucky, he didn't get a lot of game experience, but last year he was able to gain that and there's nothing like being able to get in the game and put his health. Signs pointed to Williams departing the UA after the Wildcats brought in nine newcomers for the 2020-21 season, which increased Arizona's scholarship players to 14 on roster, but only 13 are available. "He's a high flyer and as he continues to get more skilled and learn the game, the sky’s the limit for Ben. Visit ESPN to view the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks team roster for the current season. ", (Photo: Shotgun Spratling | USCfootball.com, 247Sports), “Just talking about him, I think he gives us a lot of the same things that we came to love about, “I think it’s really important,” he said. Elected to transfer to, Assistant Director of Basketball Operations. He’s not 6-foot-4, 6-foot 5, even 6-foot-6 like Ben is. Paplow, Shay The Wildcats then fell to #1 seed Wisconsin Badgers; 85–78 for the second time (from the Elite Eight's by 1 point overtime loss in last year). The 2015–16 Arizona Wildcats men's basketball team represented the University of Arizona during the 2015–16 NCAA Division I men's basketball season. He can impact the game and not really score a lot of points. They finished the season 25–9, 12–6 in Pac-12 play to tie with California for third place. “Just talking about him, I think he gives us a lot of the same things that we came to love about Zeke Nnaji in that he's a forward that's versatile, very physical, can impact the game around the basket, but also is adept away from the rim, maybe even a little bit more so than Zeke. The official 2020-21 Men's Basketball Roster for the Michigan Wolverines. Leon played college basketball at University of Arizona and Cal State Fullerton ahead of playing six years in the NBA for the Philadelphia 76ers, Washington Bullets, Atlanta Hawks, Sacramento Kings, New Jersey Nets, and San Antonio Spurs. I think this year our best players a lot of times we’ll have lineups that have three guards that play different styles and Kerr is somebody that we’re really excited about.". Amukamara, Olivia He’s a quiet warrior. Here's a look at Tucson natives and former Arizona Wildcats who made a 53-man roster before Week One of the 2020 NFL season. Carroll. Current look at Arizona's roster for this season. Prior to ACU: Wolfgang played his freshman year at La Sierra University in Riverside, California in 2013-14. They lost in the first round to Wichita State. He’ll be a big part of what we do this next season.". “Daniel is a physical 6-foot-10 forward, center. I loved James in practice because he came at a time when he was able to make Nico and those guys better and pushed them every day in practice. He can impact the game and not really score a lot of points.". He’s 6-6, 6-7, so I really don’t have a comparison of a guy. McDavis, Mariah The team was led by seventh-year head coach Sean Miller, and played their home games at McKale Center in Tucson, Arizona as a member of the Pac-12 Conference. Zeke is maybe a little bit bigger and more physical around the basket. I think his versatility is a lot like the guys we’ve had. Anderson, Dusan Wolfgang helped the program to their third consecutive NAIA National Championship Tournament and the first ever tournament win in program history as the Firestorm advanced to the Sweet 16. Jan 10, 2015 – Freshman Allonzo Trier missed 7 games due to a right hand injury. He can do a lot of things. "We all saw glimpses of Christian Koloko and Christian is very different than everybody else on our team in that he has the gift of shot blocking,” Miller said. Mason, Jacob You had Zeke Nnaji, Stone Gettings, Christian Koloko. Lusain, Passionate After losing Brandon Williams, here's what the Arizona Wildcats' 2021 roster looks like, It's official: Brandon Williams moving on from Arizona Wildcats, The Wildcast, Episode 283: Former Arizona AD Jim Livengood shares Lute Olson stories, Arizona football figures: Former Wildcats CB Trevin Wade on his secret job and new career. The official 2015-16 Men's Basketball schedule for the Northern Arizona University Lumberjacks The use of software that blocks ads hinders our ability to serve you the content you came here to enjoy. Wolfgang has two sisters Whitney (26) and Alia (6). Hide/Show Additional Information For Rene Coggins, Hide/Show Additional Information For Monique Mulder, Hide/Show Additional Information For Brittani Lusain, Hide/Show Additional Information For Passionate Amukamara, Hide/Show Additional Information For Olivia Lucero, Hide/Show Additional Information For Kenna McDavis, Hide/Show Additional Information For Mariah Willadsen, Hide/Show Additional Information For Catelyn Preston, Hide/Show Additional Information For Kaleigh Paplow, Hide/Show Additional Information For Shay Young, Hide/Show Additional Information For Taylor Leyva, Hide/Show Additional Information For Bradlee Cotton, Hide/Show Additional Information For Alyssa Rader, Denver, Colo. / Denver School of Science & Tech. In three games against Division-I schools he posted averages of 21.7 points and 4.3 rebounds. I would say that if you polled last year’s team, each of them would have Jordan in the top three on our team of the hardest playing guys in our program. "I don’t care what conference you play in — if you scored 21 points per game, you shoot the percentage that he shot, the free throw attempts that he shot,” Miller said. 2020 © University of Arizona / Tucson, AZ 85721. Click here to subscribe! Arizona received an at-large bid to the fourth-straight NCAA Tournament, the program's 31st appearance, as a 6-seed in the South Region. Scoreboard. With Williams' move to leave the UA, here's how the current roster and coaching staff is shaped: Arizona Wildcat transfer James Akinjo watches his teammates from the bench in the second half during a game against the Utah Utes at McKale Center on January 16, 2020. “I think what he brings to the table is just an innate physical play and rebounding,” Miller said. Kokoskie, Ben He is a deadly 3-point shooter when left open, but in the open court, playing pick-and-roll basketball, playing in transition. “I think just being more confident, adding to the experience he gained. In addition his 2.25 assist/turnover ratio ranked second in the GSAC. It’s not like he does one thing. Your Phoenix CW - Your Home for Lumberjack Sports! You have permission to edit this article. The official 2015-16 Women's Basketball Roster for the Northern Arizona University Lumberjacks Jemarl is gonna be a senior as well. “The other thing I like about James is he doesn’t have to be the one and only point guard on the court. “He could play in that third guard, second guard or a point guard, and he’s older.