Country, which mostly seems to exist in its own vacuum-sealed universe, barely factored into this column this year, so I left it off this list. It’s fragile and catchy and brutally real. Top 100 songs for the year 2017 from the Billboard Year-End Hot 100 charts. It’s not meant to be a comprehensive portrait of pop music in 2017. Top40-Charts.com provides music charts with hot hits from all over the world, like US / UK Albums and Singles, Bilboard Chart, Dance charts and more. Here’s a sign of the times for you: We’re still a couple weeks away from cleaning up bottles on New Year’s Day, and year-end list season has already been in full swing for what feels like forever. Granted, the pop mainstream usually yields a few album-length stunners, and this year it even produced our staff’s pick for the best album of 2017. A billion views and counting on this Latin pop posse cut extraordinaire, and it’s easy to see why. My 5 y.o son just now: Will you play me the song "Call Me Maybe"? U2’s previous most recent #1 album, 2009’s No Line On The Horizon, sold 484,000 copies in its first week. The most important stories and least important memes, every Friday. This woozy, melancholic, sultry, complicated R&B slow jam sounds good seven days a week. [. At this year’s outset I did not peg Calvin Harris, of all the DJs in big-budget EDM, to be the one to tastefully pivot to funky, ebullient superstar posse cuts. That chorus, though! 2019; 2018; 2017; 2016; 2015; 2014; 2013; 2012; 2011; 2010; 2009; 2008; 2007; 2006; See More Year-End Charts . This is the same sort of dazed, melancholy trap-pop that has made Post Malone one of the biggest stars in music, except executed with a vivacious flair Post rarely demonstrates on the mic. Lucky for you, that’s what I like! Still, “Passionfruit” stayed with me, its heartbeat pulse and weeping synths and gently cooed melodies adding up to a recurring soft-rock dream I was always happy to relive. On the same day Cabello released “Havana” she shared “OMG,” a trap-pop behemoth that should have become just as big a hit. At the end of a year, Billboard will publish an annual list of the 100 most successful songs throughout that year on the Hot 100 chart based on the information. More Life was Apple Music’s most-streamed album of 2017 — hmm — but after dominating 2016, Drake seemed largely absent from this year’s pop landscape once the “playlist” project’s spotlight moment gave way to DAMN. Iann Dior) 24KGoldn. As addictive as the drugs that probably fueled its creation. According to Billboard, that ties them with Kenny Chesney and Madonna for the sixth most #1 albums among all artists. The Top 40 Pop Songs Of 2017. And once he was telling us to sit down and be humble, it was obvious just how deliriously fun the Kung Fu Kenny era would be. Somehow, not only does “Slide” align these three disparate forces, it sidesteps all the usual hazards and booby traps en route to blissful pop transcendence. I really like the song…and her performance too.#selenagomez #BadLiar #psychokiller, — DavidByrne.com (@DBtodomundo) May 18, 2017.