Ty Dolla $ign), Ty Dolla's soulful hook and Hit-Boy's thumping production elevate this bombastically lewd rap joint. 1 on Hot 100, Justin Bieber Debuts at No. — McDermott, The avant-garde Brit continued to break sonic boundaries with her searing M3LL155X EP, which kicks off with this darkly sparse introduction. As well as the video that launched a thousand memes, Drizzy’s megahit came packing at least three unshakeable hooks. Has there been a classier bit of digital soul all year? An itchy, groovy, utterly compelling workout by Manchester producer Julie Campbell. Contributors: Jonathan Cook, Hayley Joyes, Mark O'Donnell, Ashleigh Arnott, Matilda Egere-Cooper, Tristan Parker, James Manning and Oliver Keens. We had our socks knocked off by this new London band’s first full-length track – and by full-length we mean seven and a half hypnotic minutes including the sax solo. — Ryan, Broken Necks is three minutes of twinkling, galloping pop from the DIY standouts, built around one of the year’s most earnest refrains: “While you were breaking your neck trying to keep your head up / I was breaking my neck just to stick it out for you.” — McDermott, Wonderful, Casey Veggies (feat. RECOMMENDED: Rae Sremmurd: keeping it real. More than 1.2 billion views later, it’s YouTube’s fourth most-viewed video of all time. Anyone who nodded to Alessia Cara's "Here" this year knows she has little patience for witty party banter. — Ryan, After all the roasts and award shows and late-night skits that Bieber’s 2015 apology tour entailed, all it took were a few masterful singles to get us back on board. 1 of the 2010s", "Wiz Khalifa's 'See You Again' Knocks 'Uptown Funk' Off No. Seriously scary shit from Ri, spitting that vocal hook over a rattling trap beat and stunning everyone waiting for ‘Anti’ into awed silence. The Macca riff that opens and closes ‘All Day’ may date way back to 1969, but the whole dizzying track makes Ye sound more than ever like an emissary from the future. RECOMMENDED: Sufjan Stevens – ‘Carrie & Lowell’ album review. “I got to see other peoples’ problems,” Lamar told MTV News in March. Euphoric soul sample + massive skittering beats = a huge highlight from HudMo’s ‘Lantern’ LP. Men Are Snapping Up Products from Rihanna's Beauty and Skincare Line, Just as She Intended, Joe Diffie, Nineties Country’s ‘Pickup Man,’ Dead at 61 From Coronavirus, 2020 CMA Awards: The Complete Winners List, Watch Bruce Springsteen Honor Vietnam Vets on ‘The Wall’, Sinead O’Connor to Enter Yearlong Trauma and Addiction Treatment Program, See Public Enemy’s Animated ‘Public Enemy Number Won’ Video With Mike D, Ad-Rock, Run-DMC, Rolling Stone Announces First Salute to Service Series, Listen to the Trailer for Rolling Stone’s ‘500 Greatest Albums’ Podcast. In 2015, rock, pop, and worship led the year in Christian music. The highly emotional and hauntingly gorgeous song inspired covers, memes and spoofs... And even played as a friendly reminder that there once was a time we used flip phones. Hey, even Drake gave us those questionable "Hotline Bling" moves. Björk-approved artist Kelela showed the R&B hordes how it’s done with this sweet-but-spiky number, reminding us when made properly, R&B can be absolutely banging. Though it was originally released in 2004, this slow-burning electronic dreamscape was one of the biggest club tracks of 2015. RECOMMENDED: The internet interviews Carly Rae Jepsen. The confusion on "What Do You Mean" let us wonder with him, as uncertainty is the biggest part of growing up. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I remember getting a playlist last year of my top 100 tracks of 2014 and I can't seem … 1 On Hot 100", "Meghan Trainor Leads Hot 100's Record-Setting All-Female Top Five", "Taylor Swift Still No. Dissolute, debauched and decadent, with a bellowing bassline any trap banger would be proud of, this single from The Weeknd’s ‘The Beauty Behind The Madness’ signalled a glorious return to filth-mouthed form. 1 for Third Week on Hot 100", "The Weeknd's 'The Hills' No. Diplo and crew gave us a melodic masterpiece, and when MØ wasn't singing, we were tempted to mimic that coy little electronic voice that took over the chorus. 1 on Hot 100, Ariana Grande & The Weeknd Hit Top 10", "Meghan Trainor Tops Hot 100 For Eighth Week, Hozier Hits Top 10", "Taylor Swift Tops Hot 100, Meghan Trainor Scores Second Top 10", "Justin Bieber's 'Sorry' Dethrones Adele's 'Hello' Atop Hot 100", "Adele Tops Hot 100 for Fourth Week; Justin Bieber, Alessia Cara Hit Top 10", "Justin Bieber Replaces Himself at No. — Ryan, Releasing two full-length albums in 2015 gave Beach House plenty of space to color their arpeggiated dream-pop with shoegaze and sedated doo-wop, but PPP’s swooning Lynchian dramatics suit them best. 1 on Hot 100", "The Weeknd Replaces Himself Atop Hot 100 as 'The Hills' Hits No. Ed Sheeran. RECOMMENDED: Courtney Barnett on dreams, ‘fuckheads’ and her guerrilla gig in London. There's just no denying "Shut Up And Dance" with its jangly guitars, thunderous pounds, explosive hooks and a pre-chorus ripped straight from 1983. The follow-up to ‘Chandelier’ was the catchy electropop hit we’d been craving, with a bonus controversial video starring Shia Labeouf. -- Emilee Lindner, "I don't dance, don't ask; I don't need a boyfriend." A transcendent, quarter-hour jazz-funk exploration by Kendrick Lamar’s favourite sax visionary. Thinking Out Loud. Wonky psych guitar and funk bass anchor this one (despite the wacko lyrics) until the sublime chorus hits. South London MC Michael Omari samples ‘Eastenders’ and his iPhone, shouts out Wiley and proves why he’s fronting grime’s new wave. Despite the iffy video (the artists gyrating in India like they’d never even heard the words ‘cultural appropriation’), this was a certified banger with one of the year’s biggest dance hooks. Young Thug and Popcaan, "Where Are Ü Now" - Jack Ü feat. Slow, smoky, seductive funk, given a further lift by Syd Tha Kyd‘s treacly vocals and a bassline that winds itself wickedly around your brain. Will Doyle reaches for synthpop nirvana on this ‘Culture of Volume’ highlight. I can't stop listening -- and apparently everyone else can't either. List of Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles of 2015, List of Billboard Hot 100 top-ten singles in 2015, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_2015&oldid=979645487, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 21 September 2020, at 22:43. Let’s hope that fantastic singles like this one will eventually be foremost in her legacy. He still checked off the hyper sexualized lyrics, layered with thinly veiled drug references and just a dash of self-destruction. Uptown Funk. — McDermott, Lauren Mayberry's piercing vocals carry this pulsing synth-pop anthem, whose bursting energy is instantly infectious. 1 in 22 Years", "MAGIC! The 100 best songs of 2015 Revisit the year’s best new music with our playlist of 2015’s top tracks By Oliver Keens , James Manning and Tristan Parker Posted: Monday December 7 2015 RECOMMENDED: Mark Ronson – ‘Uptown Special’ album review.